Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Quit Smoking

Been trying to quit smoking since last two years but wasn't really successful. My quit-start again-quit-start once again-quit-start has been happening for quite sometime. This kind of really got on my nerve and unknowingly was a major hit on my self-esteem and confidence.

Then I got married. That kind of gave me hope that I would finally be able to quit as from experience realised that women tend to nag a lot when it comes to smoking and thought maybe maybe this might finally make me stop smoking altogether.
But lo Shraddha, my wife was real cool on that. She not once, tried to stop me from smoking nor ever talked about quitting. Absolutely no Nags at all.

Then it struck me, that nobody on Earth is going to help me but myself. I have to do it my own way all by myself.
I suddenly,abruptly decided to quit and somehow this time, seemed to get the right formulae to do that. I stop smoking on Oct 21. It's two months since I quit. This is the longest I have been off Cigarettes and am kind of thrilled. I am quietly confident that this will last forever. I might occasionally have a ciggie or two, but have managed to kill the habit. Even if I drag a few once in a while, I won't be addicted to it anymore.

This actually, has given me immense assurance and I now have started planning, to complete activities which I have been wanting to do, but could'nt do either due to lack of time, effort or self-belief. One of the unfinished activity has been Swimming. Now I believe that I would be able to learn it and maybe by middle of next year would be confidently doing few laps a day. Yo Hoooooo YES YES !!!!!

No comments: