Thursday, January 22, 2004

Meke Dattu on Kanakpura Road, Bangalore

Aah quite and eventful last week. Some of my friends got together and we decided to go on a long drive on our bikes to a place called 'Meka Dathu' on the Kanakapura Road. Well the drive was pretty pleasant and the road absolutely in top shape. There were couple of occassions when I crossed 100 kms in the speedometer and once touched 120. We reached Kanakpura and from there it's about 34 kms. That stretch of road was even more fascinating. Narrow road but well maintained and open vast tracts of land on both sides of the road, made it an absolute pleasure to drive. Had a great time zipping and we reached the place almost about an hour and half. Spent time wandering out there, pretty hot out there.

Well the place is OK. It's a pretty deep and rocky gorge and almost no water out there, which was a big let down. It's one of those areas where the river Cauvery gushes out and there's a narrow point between the gorge which is narrow enough for a 'Goat' to jump and reach the other end and hence called 'Meka Dathu'.

We came back and on the way checked out another place called 'Chinchi Falls'. That place was awesome. We got a nice spot to sit very close to the 50 mts high waterfall. Spent some time there and then came back. All the way drove at high speed and managed the bike pretty well. But while coming back, it became pretty dark quickly and when we were very close to Bangalore, I had some tough time on the bike. Most of the idiots in the four wheelers kept their high beams on which blinded me on quite a few occassions. At one place I slowed down completely as I was approaching a Corner and right at the time of me slowing down, one Jeep passed by with it's headlight is full beam. I tried to manage but slowly moved away from the tar road on to the Mud road and suddenly lost balance. Both of us fell and we had our hands scratdhed. Luckily I was driving very slowly and nothing major happened. But it did left me quite shaken and out of control for few minutes. I am usually pretty good on Road and also OK after incidents like that. But this time I was'nt . I guess I was too very concerned about my Wife.

It's not the same once you get Married. Suddenly I seem to be more of responsible. Sounds cliched but yes it's true.

No comments: