Friday, February 04, 2005

BLACK

Been watching the Promos and Pre-release reviews of the Hindi movie - BLACK starring Amitabh Bachchan and Rani Mukherjee, and I must say it's ages since I eagerly waited for a Movie to hit the Theatres, that too an Hindi movie.  Few scenes from the Movie and I must say Rani Mukherjee is set to move the audience to tears, she seems brilliant in her portrayal of a deaf/blind girl. Looks like this would be THE movie of her life. The normally laconic Amitabh has a lot to say about this movie in the Media, which is unusual and in itself points to something different.
 
It looks set to be one helluva movie.
 
It certainly meets one Criteria of mine - It's less than two hours and has no song and dance routine.
 
 

Amitabh's Quotes
"There's nothing in Black that I've done before -- not a single scene or shot! As an artiste, I feel extremely satisfied. I've never felt this way before. It put me in touch with emotions within me that I had never touched before. The hard edges and hidden corners inside tend to remain unexplored. Black got me to explore those emotions. Yes, I've been doing mainstream escapist cinema all along, some of it of a fairly high quality.
But somewhere you feel there could've been better aesthetics. Black is such a welcome relief. It has salvaged me as an actor. Everything from its exceptional background score by Monty to the cinematography by Ravi Chandran is beyond anything seen in our cinema."

Amitabh on Child Artiste - Ayesha Kapur
"This is nine-year old Ayesha Kapoor's first attempt at film acting. That a girl that small can give such a huge performance is incredible. Again it's Sanjay Leela Bhansali's ability to choose the right person for every character. Many directors can extract great performances from seasoned actors. Only a Sanjay Leela Bhansali can get such a performance out of a totally untried actor.

Ayesha is extremely confident, intelligent and focussed. And very committed; she'd get upset if she didn't deliver the correct shots. This, coming from a little kid, is quite amazing. A lovely child and a fine actress. When she decides to take up the profession full time, she'll have my full support and recommendation."

No comments: