Friday, March 04, 2005

Optimism Misplaced

Again my pessimissim regarding India's fortunes in this series is returning. I don't really think that we would win the Test Series. I think I'll stick to my previous views as mentioned in an earlier blog - India would lose the Tests Series 1-2 and One Dayers 2-4

In a way, that would be OK. The way things are enmeshed right now, there's very little chance of Saurav Ganguly being displaced from his Captaincy, but if India loses then there certainly is one golden opportunity to do so.

It's not that Saurav's captaincy is very poor but it isn't exceptionally good too and that precisely the problem. Nor am I so desperate and bitter over him retained as the Captain, it's just that Rahul Dravid gives me far better vibes, intelligence and control. He is the one to take India forward. Rahul is capable of building, on the blocks laid out by Ganguly and too an extent by John Wright. Saurav has outdated his value towards India's achievements in Cricket. It's time for the team to move on.

Bring Rahul Dravid as the CAPTAIN.

No comments: