Friday, January 30, 2004

Nanda's Marriage - II

I also got to meet Senthil and Lakshmi Narayanan (Amul) with their wives Abirami and Nithya. I hadn't attended their marriages and never got an opportunity to meet them after that. It was nice catching up with them. We spent the entire time together after the Marriage. First we went to Senthil's house and checked out his awesome Sony Home theater system and then to Amul's house where I gave a bit of Crash course to Shraddha about the Tamil Movie Thevar Magan as that was running on TV. We spent some time there at his home and then onto his terrace and then walked towards Besant Nagar Beach and to Lord Murugan's temple besides the beach. Good time catching up with the gang.

Two things I remember about the trip. One, me remarking to the gang, 'My God we have come a along way, Look at us we are walking with our wives, behind us, talking to each other'. Two, Nanda struggling to put the toe ring on his wife's (Kalpana) toe, which was part of the marriage ritual. All of us having a laugh at his struggle and for sure, some funny remarked was flying around seeing him taking time to insert.

All in all a great time indeed !

No comments: