Monday, March 01, 2004

Hyderabad - Day 4

Very very tiring and am craving to go home. Non-stop talking for four days has left my throat completely sore and am feeling very homesick.

There's this 'Pav bhaji' guy right outside the hotel where I stay. He is been making and selling that for 15 years. Simply amazing, I haven't had anything like that ever in my life. His passion for his 'Pav Bhaji' is evident the way he makes the food, the way he greets and treats his customer. I was told by some fellow customers that he is the best in the entire Hyderabad. Most of his customers are people who have been coming there for years. Once you eat there, there is no way you won't come back. All the four days I had 'Pav Bhaji' for dinner there. Everywhere somehow the other I seem to find up guys like this. Passionate, Single Minded on their wares, and proud of their work.

There were lots of series of small shops where youn Muslim guys carving names and messages out of Marble blocks. Andhra seems to have traditions of having Flattened Marble to display names of homes, buildings and messages. One big flattened marble and few guys sitting around it and working rather carving out 'thuk thuk thuk' throughout on their portions.

Back to Bangalore tomorrow and craving to go. Shraddha is not going to join me, she's going to stick around in CBE for few more days.

No comments: