Thursday, May 13, 2004

Italian Prime Minister

At this point of time, by all means, it appears Sonia Gandhi would lead the country. This has really saddened me. Not that I have anything against her,  I do appreciate the way she has held the Congress Party intact in the last 5-7 years, but to think that there aren't any Indian Born leaders to lead the country depresses me. Just by being the Bahu of the Gandhi clan, albeit and Italian one, she has claims to the Prime Ministership of this country, is repulsive to say the least.
 
I hate to see the Chamchas(toads)  like Ambika Soni,Sheila Dixit, Ghulam Nabi Azad and the rest, toadying and jumping in glee. By all means these obsequious bunch are nothing but high-profile socialites, who are in the corridors of power by no achievement and hardwork, but by virtue of being chamchas. The Congress is known for being surrounded by this kind of high flying, high profile class of opportunistic people.
 
In some sense, I am ashamed that we do not have the capacity to differentiate right kind of people for right kind of posts. I guess, I have to migrate soon, maybe Italy is the right destination. ;-0).
 
On the other hand we have equally repulsive Pramod Mahajan and Arun Jaitley and the hardliners like Murli Joshi and Sushma Swaraj and think of it we do not really have a inspiring next generation of leaders.
 
Sic.