Friday, June 25, 2004

The moment I landed in Bangalore and came onto the road in a taxi, I groaned looking at the traffic and the size of the road. If not for the fact, that Shraddha was waiting for me at home, I would have almost gone into a depression. But then there's just no place left to create broader roads and put in infrastructure. If staying for a week or so, can bring this kind of feeling, I am trying to imagine how would it be for people who have spent few years out there. It just wouldn't be possible to cope up with life out here.

At the same time, Shraddha was watching some Oprah Winfrey show few days back about Child Abuses et al; and she was disgusted imagining the way of life there.

While riding my bike, I diligently tried to stick to a lane on the road, of course there are no lanes marked, I imagined lanes on the road and tried to follow rules, tried to be polite on the street. Three four days later, I was made to look like a fool. I had to abandon all my new found enthusiasm and joined the way on the streets. To try to replicate that, again is a futile attempt. It's the Civilzational thing. We are just very different. I was back to jostling for space,

Inventions and creations have always been an answer to problems posed by the surroundings. What would work in one place need not neccessarily work at all in another. The so called modern age, the flow of goods between borders, commerce on the internet etc brings in it's own set of problems.People want what the other side has and uses, without realising whether the environment and the surrounding is ready to host or deal with what's available there, over here.


No comments: