Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How silly of me to never question ?

I assumed that Neil Armstrong was the first person to land on moon and the only person. I never questioned anything else about that mission nor ever asked myself if there were any subsequent mission to moon. I just assumed that it was one of those one-time events, never repeated by anyone.

My brows furrowed when I was reading the entire Moon article on 'Time' and asked myself - hey wait a minute, what am I reading ? Were there any others who roamed the moon too ? Today I learnt that all in all there were 12 men who walked on moon, about 8 missions to moon. It was for me, a truly Eureka moment.

You are never too old to learn something new, never to old come up against interesting facts, never too old to be challenged on one's knowledge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you also get around to reading, landing on the moon was staged at the universal studios and the americans never got around doing the first time.

Nikhil Shah said...

You might do it once, not 8 times. That conspiracy theory is total wack.