Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summoning Power

I like these words - the summoning power of America, a land hardwired to the future. Apparently Frank McCourt, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author who died few weeks back wrote this line.

Last week I was posed this question by my friends after few rounds of amrutham - Now that you have travelled a bit and if given a chance would you move out of India and explore the possibility of settling down in a foreign country ? I am not sure I would move out if it's any other part of the world, but if it's America, yes I would, that's what I said and I do believe that.

There's something about America that makes me ignore all the excuses - some true, some perceived. Excuses like - you would always be treated as an outsider, a second class or maybe third class citizen (this is an overrated, dramatized excuse), culture (The Indian history and culture and the lack of history and culture over there), rampant consumerism, inane celebrity worshipping, gun culture etc.

All I can say is in every sphere of life - America leads, America is future, has always been the future for everyone and would continue to be one. What could be more paramount than to secure mine and my child's future ?

No comments: