Friday, November 27, 2009

Kindle

I think, it's time I went and met an astrologer, need to show my birth chart to check out the trends.  Ever since a very old friend dropped in a - "Hey do you remember me ? " email in Nov 2008, it's been a never ending meeting of people from my past. The last year or so, it's been reconnecting time with friends, family, family friends and also foes. Wow. Exhilarating. It feels great to rekindle dormant relationships, catch up with people and recall memories from the past. Some of them over emails and phone, some in person. Some of them have been forgotten, some of them seemingly lost forever with no means to contact and some of them plainly out of sight.

Why is all this happening suddenly and out of nowhere, people seem to be dropping back in my life, and it doesn't seem to come to an end and frankly - I don't want it to end. It's all been a rush, a heady mixture of pleasure and pain in some cases. Yes, true that I was out of the country for 3 years, but that's not really the case. One friend surfaced after 20 years, another one after 10 years,  a sister after 12 years, me not being in India is certainly not the case in all these instances. That's why I should go and meet an astrologer and find out if I was supposed to renew all these folks back in my life. Maybe that's what it means to discover lost treasures.

That brings me to another belief of mine. I always believed that If I ever have any semblance of a relationship, friendship with somebody, inevitable that we would continue to cross each other's path sometime again in the future and then again and then - well again. There's always a reason, why we form a relationship, friendship with few. There are tonnes of people out there, but we create bonds with few, some special, some general and the very fact that we form something with those few people makes me believe that it would go on.

No comments: