Monday, March 29, 2004

New Job - New Company

I had decided for few changes on the career front and planned to pursue some new opportunities (At last I put in some plans in place, See my blog dated Feb 6,2004 ). I was really pleasantly surprised by the industry's reaction to my CV. I ended up with two job offers on paper and one confirmed verbally within about 30 days. One of the these days, I suddenly thought, 'Oh My God why did'nt I do this job-hunt before....'.

I have been repeatedly asked by my friends to try out and appear for new jobs and I have somehow been nodding to suggestions and advised,postponing and not really taking the opportunities coming by seriously. Somehow quite a few friends have been telling me that I deserve more than what I currently have in hand in terms of responsibility and money.I have been with my current organisation for nearly three years.

I don't know why I haven't tried hunting for a job before. Maybe I was plain lazy, maybe not very confident on the skills I possess, maybe just not the right time or maybe the right planets weren't favourably aligned. ;-0) I don't know. I don't have an answer.
Anyway now I am moving on and am out of this company in a few days time, put in papers and et al and would be joining my new job in couple of weeks time.

Lots of exciting things are anticipated on the career front after this pretty huge and interesting break. Keep tracking this blog

No comments: