Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Wilbur Smith

I had read Wilbur Smith's 'Rage' when I was around 16 yrs old and ever since have been fascinated by the saga of the 'Courtney' family. Nothing to beat Wilbur Smith if you want to read some adventure stuff and I don't think anyone writes that well about the wilderness of Africa.

But one book which was very different from the usual stuff that he churns out was 'River God'. I had read that book few years back and I remember could'nt really keep it down till I finished. I, for one enjoy History and evolutionary science and hence was fascinated by that book. Shraddha picked it up fon my recommendation, from Landmark this Sunday and u betcha I am going to read that again. I am not sure if she enjoys Egypt,Crocs,Pharaoh's, River Nile,History etc.

Actually I haven't done much reading since last couple of months and borrowed 'Blue Horizon' from a friend of mine and that triggered off all the memories of Wilbur Smith's books.Quite some time since I read some plain and simple adventure stuff.

No comments: