Monday, October 25, 2004

Halfway Down

Couple of friends of mine enquired that I haven't really made any comment about Cricket on my blog for some time, considering the huge series that's amidst us. Well, I made a point when the Cricket season had just begun that India would get beaten by Australia at home, although for a brief period, I did believe that Ganguly and Harbhajan might be able to foil the Aussies, but halfway down the series, I continue to maintain that Aussies would beat India.

The momentum certainly seems to be with India after their performance in Chennai, butI believe Aussies would not make any mistakes this time around.

Sachin or No Sachin, this is not going to go down to the wire.

The series to watch out for is the Ashes, which is quite some time later in the next year and maybe India Vs Pak in India might also be a good watch. Cricket is fun when two equal teams are competing, or atleast the lower ranked team called the Underdogs show some spunk.

I am afraid India aren't quite equal to Australia this time around nor they have any spunk to offer.

Bye Bye Border-Gavaskar Trophy.

No comments: